Orange County Hospice
Orange, San Bernardino (southwest portion)
Medicare-certified care in Orange County since 1993
We recognize that critical decisions about hospice and palliative care can be difficult without the right support. During times of need, our team of experienced professionals provides compassionate physical care in parallel with an emotional and spiritual plan that supports aging adults and their families.
Opening your home to a caregiver requires trust. Our licensed nurses, therapists, social workers and home health aides complete a thorough onboarding process to ensure professional care.
Our commitment to independent accreditation
Trust and professionalism are essential in hospice care—for families and healthcare providers. Independent accreditation signifies a provider's adherence to the Medicare Conditions of Participation (CoPs) and best practices. Compassus is proudly accredited by Community Health Accreditation Partner (CHAP).
Your benefits include:
- 24/7 doctor-coordinated care
- Home medical equipment
- Registered nurses and hospice aides
- A spiritual care and support team if/when you need them
- Physical therapy, dietary counseling and other therapy services
Palliative and Hospice Resources for Caregivers
- Respite care (relief) for family caregivers
- Geographically assigned teams for faster response time
- Grief support during all stages of palliative and hospice care
Opening your home to a caregiver requires trust. Our nurses, therapists, social workers and home health aides complete a thorough onboarding process to ensure professional care.
Does Medicare Cover Hospice and Palliative Care Services?
We're here to help you understand services covered by Medicare. Typically, benefits include support from hospice-trained nurses, home aides, social workers and chaplains. Practical support includes supplies related to the hospice diagnosis, medical equipment, medications, all provided with no out-of-pocket expenses. Call us to speak with one of our care coordinators
Our palliative care services cover the physical, emotional and spiritual aspects of patient care. With an overall objective that focuses on quality of life at any stage of illness, we believe that every patient’s journey is different. We work with family, physicians and caregivers to create the right balance of services for any patient’s needs, helping make sure that your loved one is supported no matter where they reside in Orange County.
- Pain management administered at the patient’s desired level
- Medical support services for shortness of breath
- Assistance with the management of fatigue and sleep problems
- Managing constipation
- Managing nausea or loss of appetite
- Reducing anxiety and depression
- Medical social services
- Spiritual care services where requested
Palliative care is customizable to the needs of each patient, with some cases requiring these services at the onset of diagnosis. This in no way signals that there is no hope for recovery or cure, it is simply a way to make sure that each patient is as comfortable as possible.